A lot of people like to help out and correct errors or point out things that were left out of our episode comparisons. That’s fine and dandy; we generally appreciate the assistance! Here are some important guidelines to follow before getting started:
- Send your correction to the correct person! This should be simple – just comment on the correct episode. If you’re trying to correct an issue in Frontier and leave your comment on Digimon: The Movie, we all reserve the right to stare at you with one raised eyebrow.
- If what you’re submitting isn’t a transcription correction, have a source! If you notice a comparison says one thing and Wikipedia says another, go ahead and let us know, but give us a link to the Wikipedia article. I won’t post corrections that can’t be verified.
- Subtitles are not always correct! Please don’t “correct” one of our transcriptions just because a fansub used a different translation. Some of our staff speak enough Japanese to know when a subtitle is wrong, and when the fansubbers use a different translation than they would have (Dario, for instance, tends to use more literal interpretations even if they sound awkward; fansubs usually write for what sounds natural in English). I’m not saying fansubbers aren’t good at what they do — they sure as hell are — but please keep in mind that we all look at the fansubs when we do the comparisons. If we use a different translation, there’s a reason. This obviously doesn’t apply if you know for certain the subtitle is correct and we’re dead wrong, in which case please say so when you submit the correction.
- Make sure it’s not already in the comparison! If you’re adding a section of dialogue, check and make sure we didn’t paraphrase it in the comparison first. We don’t transcribe the entire episodes.
- Credit will be given where it is due! We’re going to credit you based on the username you signed up with.
- Please don’t submit corrections or content for episodes that are due to be revised soon! This is because when the comparison has been revised, your correction will be over-written (because the reviewer will catch it on their own) and you won’t be credited for your effort.
Current season(s) being revised: Digimon Savers/Data Squad